Who can benefit from Harm Reduction Therapy?
Anyone is welcome in our treatment program, regardless of their current substance use and regardless of their primary concerns or goals. A person’s goals can range from complete abstinence to controlled or safer use.
Harm Reduction Therapy is suited for anyone who:
- Is questioning whether their use of drugs and alcohol is a problem
- Has tried abstinence-based approaches and found them to be ineffective or undesirable
- Relapses frequently after attempts to be “clean and sober”
- Also suffers from emotional, relationship or other life problems and wants help with these issues at the same time.
- Wants to prevent possible future harms and to ensure a safe and healthy relationship with drugs and alcohol.
Harm reduction therapy can help anyone who wants to change their relationship to alcohol and other drugs.